You're currently viewing the old version of this site.
Please visit www.nakedkayaker.com for recent posts and better maps, etc.!

20 September 2010

Waterproof Cameras are Fun! (COE Pool Session #1)

After a fun-filled weekend at Ontario Greenland Camp where I learned two new Greenland rolls, I was excited to attend one of Cornell Outdoor Education's kayak pool sessions to practice! If you're ever interested in joining, I can bring up to two guests for free, so check out the dates on the News page and let me know when you'd like to attend.

The turnout was great - 12 people in kayaks in the pool makes for lots of boat-bumping and fun. There was a well-balanced mix of experienced rollers and excited beginners.

 

This is the first time I've had movies in my blog, so let me know if they don't work for some reason! Here's one of me doing a rough version of 1/2 a reverse sweep roll (normally you're supposed to go over the other direction, but I'm still trying to refine this portion of the roll):



Here's one of Rob doing a bunch of C-to-C rolls in a row!



Here's one more of Ben doing a hand roll!



Any feedback on rolling technique is much appreciated! More videos to come in the future.

2 comments:

PenobscotPaddles said...

I enjoyed your site. I live in Maine and kayak mostly in the Penobscot Bay and River area. Like you I have a blog recording trips, often not quite as long as yours. http://penobscotpaddles.blogspot.com/
I like the information about paddling in southern Maine and NH, but I don't see any way to follow your blog. Probably I am missing something?

PenobscotPaddles said...

I've been searching for other blogs to learn from and also to feed my interest in paddling through the cold winter months. I found yours by typing "Maine", "sea kayak" and "blog" into a search engine. I wish I knew some easy way to search blogger.