You're currently viewing the old version of this site.
Please visit www.nakedkayaker.com for recent posts and better maps, etc.!

03 August 2010

Playing in Sprinkers on Canandaigua

Jeff and I met up at Canandaigua Lake State Marine Park at 8am on Friday morning. I managed to leave my euro paddle in the back of Dave's car the night before, so I spent the morning practicing my greenland stroke. For this trip Shannon let me borrow her elegant Pilgrim Expedition. This boat was smaller in the hip area, but roomier for my knees. It fit really well!

Jeff paddling by Squaw Island

We paddled out to some-point-I-forgot-the-name-of where we snacked on plums and dark chocolate granola bars (yum!) supplied by Jeff. A few ominous-looking clouds passed over us, but luckily it only rained for about 30 seconds.

 
Playing in a water fountain at the north end of the lake. Like an on-water sprinkler!

 
An island of very squished boathouses with sketchy electrical wiring.


Date: Friday, July 30th
Distance: 10 miles

No comments: