You're currently viewing the old version of this site.
Please visit www.nakedkayaker.com for recent posts and better maps, etc.!

08 November 2010

Elbow & Straight Jacket Rolls!

At the pool session last week, I decided to try these two new (for me) Greenland-style rolls (no... I'm not talking about sushi... that would be gross). Luckily Ben was there to film it when I unexpectedly surfaced. This little boat is a magical rolling machine!
 
Elbow Roll


Watch Cheri Perry do it here. I didn't realize that I could extend my left arm out at the end. It also looks like I should tuck a bit more at the beginning. Yay for movies!
 
Straight Jacket Roll


Watch Cheri Perry do it here. I crossed my arms a little differently than she does, and I probably need a bit more snap at the end. But yay for managing to get up in the first place!

No comments: