You're currently viewing the old version of this site.
Please visit www.nakedkayaker.com for recent posts and better maps, etc.!

25 June 2010

Greenland Camp!

What's more important that being a good teaching assistant? How about a master's of engineering project? A full load of classes? My job?



That's right... kayaking!

My mother has graciously agreed to pay tuition for Ontario Greenland Camp as my birthday present this year. This is super exciting because I haven't really had a chance (other than a couple random pool sessions) to improve my Greenland paddling/rolling skills since sophomore year when I went down to Georgia for BCU Week, where Cheri Perry & Turner Wilson were holding seminars.

It's the first time they're holding this 3-day camp in September (10 -12th), so I'm not really sure what to expect, but hopefully I'll finally master a forward finishing roll! I was able to do it last time they taught me in one of those tiny Greenland kayaks, but promptly lost it.

And this time, I'll make sure my camera is charged!

5 comments:

Maya said...

wooo kayaking camp! awesome.

Tao Berman said...

In my many years as an outdoorsman, I was able to master the forward finishing roll without the aid of kayaking school; one might say I was a student of the school of hard knocks and the wilderness. However, I congratulate you on this step toward self-improvement and skill attainment, despite my slight disdain toward your methodology,

Unknown said...

hahahaha maya you're ridiculous. did you google "extreme kayaker"?

Tao Berman said...

To whom it may concern:

Do not give Maya credit for my comment. She knows nothing. She lacks basic paddling skills. And I would assume she googled "famous kayakers".

Cordially, "the best known kayaker on the planet" (Sports Illustrated).

Nancy said...

Nena,

I love the photo you say is "courtesy of walden qajaq society".
It is my photo, I do not know you and I did not give you permission to use it. I appreciate your mentioning where the photo came from, but you should not have used it without obtaining permission and should not have given the impression that you did. -Nancy